Sunday, May 10, 2009

Library Bag

A quick project, I made Widget a library bag today. Her name is appliqued on scrap minkee, and the butterfly is a pocket for her library card. She chose the fabric and was so excited! You can't see on this photo, but the fabric has silver butterflies on it as well and I did the satin stitching with silver thread. I hate using metallic threads! They always seem to get caught at some stage, although I'm sort of hoping that's my machine and if I can justify getting a new one it won't happen. But I don't really use metallic threads often enough to spend hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars.


(I put a twitter button on last night, now to see if my coding worked!)

1 comment:

Perfect Mum said...

That is gorgeous Deb! I think you and others are inspiring me to learn how to sew...it would be so nice to see the look of delight on your kids faces when they see your beautiful creations!